Re: clarification on the use of fragments

In the interest of clarification, the reason that some of us advocate
*not* putting several resources in one file using fragments is that it
then becomes difficult to serve (standard web) pages that give only
information about one resource, because the server doesn't see the
fragment id. This may be only a minor frustration in cases where only
a handful of resources are described in a single file, but is
devastating when the resource contains many. For example I work with
the NCBI Taxonomy, which currently names species using the fragid. As
the file is > 200M you can imagine that it hurts when I put such a URI
into my browser and all 200+M starts coming back.

-Alan