Re: Model Semantics, Representation Syntax, and Systems Integration

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM, mike amundsen <mamund@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> I assume we agree that mapping should be at the conceptual level while
>> interchange formats remain negotiable. In a sense, the pursuit of a
>> normative interchange format is inherently mercurial, but not so re.
>> conceptual schema :-)
> </snip>
>
> >From my POV, the principle of Hypermedia Factors[1] is one possible
> way to define a conceptual agreement that is not bound to a single
> media type or data format.
>
> [1] http://amundsen.com/hypermedia/hfactor/

Can you explain what you mean by "conceptual agreement" and how
hfactor can accomplish that? I didn't understand, from reading the
page, how it would help me in problems that I consider to require
conceptual agreement, for example communicating among research groups
mutant proteins that are hypothesized to be involved in causing
disease, and evidence for those hypotheses.

-Alan