Re: What would break, a question for implementors? (was Re: Is 303 really necessary?)

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com> wrote:
> So here's a couple of questions for those of you on the list who have
> implemented Linked Data tools, applications, services, etc:
>
> * Do you rely on or require HTTP 303 redirects in your application? Or
> does your app just follow the redirect?
> * Would your application tool/service/etc break or generic inaccurate
> data if Ian's pattern was used to publish Linked Data.

I used Denny Vrandečić's browser tool to test several Linked Data
browsers including Tabulator.

http://browse.semanticweb.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fiandavis.com%2F2010%2F303%2Ftoucan&days=7

Non of these showed any confusion between the toucan and its
description, nor did that throw warnings or errors about the lack of
303 or in fact make any reference to it (tabulator includes the
response as RDF but does not infer that the 200 response implies a
type of information resource, which I had assumed it would)

Cheers,

Ian