Re: isDefinedBy and isDescribedBy, Tale of two missing predicates

Hi Norman,

Norman Gray wrote:
>> I don't follow why it's inferred here that if you use a fragment then all information must be in one document?? makes no sense. You can use exactly the same one article per document approach with frags
>
> ...the <http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#hashuri> example of the <http://example.com/about#alice> identifier implies that the <http://example.com/about> document must contain information about both the #alice and #bob fragments, because there's no way that the server can tell the difference between the two (since it never sees the fragment), and so it must provide the same document in both cases.
>
> A variant of this is the one-identifier-per-document one that you're describing (if I understand you correctly).  You certainly can use the pattern <http://example.com/about/alice#alice>, and here the per-identifier document <http://example.com/about/alice> is an IR and the identifiers <http://example.com/about/alice#alice> or <http://example.com/about/alice#i> are not.
>
> I can see the advantages of this latter "slash-hash-URI" scheme, but I'm fairly confident it's distinct from what Leo and Richard are describing as their "hash-URI" scheme.  If their "hash-URI" scheme is intended to cover your scheme, too, then the cooluris document may need a little clarification.

Hmm, I don't see a distinction between the patterns to be honest,
Richard / Leo can verify if they are distinct, personally think it could
be better clarified to use a few different uris, some where it's one
resource per doc, some with more than one.

   <http://example.com/alice#me>
   <http://example.com/about#bob>
   <http://example.com/about#frank>

for instance, or something even clearer.

Best,

Nathan