Re: Is 303 really necessary?

Dave,

I admire your proposal and think it's much better than the current 303,
thus kudos++.

However, it doesn't solve the *core* problem which is that different
things need different names, and names that can never be thought to name
something else. </slash> uri's have this problem (they can be considered
as naming a document - think HTTP status code ignored as the correct
approach), as do <mailto:foo@example.com> it names a mailbox, nothing else.

The only two ways to address the issue, is to either use <tdb:> which
will provide semantic indirection, or to use #fragment uris.

As for the existing slash uris out there, they've just got the age old
problem. Best advice imho would be to support them for legacy reasons
(or migrate them, perhaps "uncool uris do change"), but get everybody
moved on to <tdb:> or #frahs from here forth.

One good reason why not?

Best,

Nathan