Re: Is 303 really necessary?

From: Jörn Hees <j_hees@cs.uni-kl.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 20:10:56 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org
On Thursday 04 November 2010, Ian Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, November 4, 2010, Jörn Hees <j_hees@cs.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> > Hi Ian,
> >
> > From your blogpost:
> >> Under my new scheme:
> >> GET /toucan responds with 200 and a representation containing some RDF
> >> ex:isDescribedBy </doc>
> >> GET /doc responds with 200 and a representation containing some RDF
> >> which includes the triple </doc> ex:owner </fred>
> >
> > So how can I then say that your description of toucan is wrong without
> > saying that the poor toucan is wrong?
>
> Use the URI of the document /doc

What about this statement in GET /toucan:
</toucan> ex:owner </anna>

As soon as anything comes back for </toucan> how am I to distinguish between
that document and the toucan?

Is that part of the toucan or of a description of toucan?
Did you perhaps mean it to be included in </doc>?
And: are there any other statements in /toucan allowed than ex:isDescribedBy?

Jörn