Re: Is 303 really necessary?

Hi,

Feel free anyone to suggest opengraph use 301, 302, 303, 307 (we support
them all), since at the moment with a 404 they are missing out on all
the benefit of the sindice reasoner ;-)

http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/latitude

It is common when publishing an ontology to have the url for each
property redirect to the rdf schema. It works great.

I would expect that a request for the aforementioned url (with accept
header set correctly) would redirect me to (probably)
http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema

Which would download nicely with a 200 status code (it doesn't, you need
to get the ontology from here
http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/?format=rdf )

Later, when we encounter another opengraph property
http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/longitude
We would also hope to get a 303, which would again redirect us to
http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema

Of course, we don't want to bring down opengraph server, so we have
already cached the schema the first time we downloaded (if it worked)
and know not to fetch it again now.

In my experience processing millions of rdf documents daily, the 303 has
proven quite useful and very efficient, and I would definitely recommend
it's use to opengraph and other publishers of ontologies.

Robert.

--
Robert Fuller
Research Associate