Re: National Identification Number URIs ( NIN URIs )

Aldo Bucchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> All countries have a National Identification Number scheme ( NIN ).
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identification_number
>
> Also, all countries have code points in different schemes.
>
> So, can't we combine both to create a de-facto URI for people based on
> country ids?
>
> For example: http://dbpedia.org/nin/cl/14168212
> That would be me based on my Chilean NIN.
>
> Is there some namespace for this already?

Don't use DBpedia namespace in this manner.

Why not encourage people to do this:

urn:country.person.id.{national-id}

The data can then live in an RDF store that can make de-referencable
URIs via re-write rules when it comes to the Linked Data publishing.
This also means the data can ultimately live in a place controlled by
the Chilean govt. without much hassle, when its ready etc..
> When you have real world problems, like we have now in Chile, it is
> simple solutions like these that would make integration easier.

Yes, but do it right from the onset as per tip above :-)

Kingsley
> For example, we have assigned a NS for chilean IDs. But some of the
> missing people here are tourists and we the only IFP we have is their
> national ID ( not emails ).
>
> Thx,

President & CEO
OpenLink Software