Re: [foaf-protocols] ACL

On 20 Apr 2010, at 08:47, Michael Hausenblas wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> That sort of reminds me of something [1] ;)
>
> So, I asked a round a bit [2] and the answer essentially was: go register
> one ... fancy doing it together?

The latest document draft-nottingham is here btw

  http://cidr-report.org/ietf/idref/draft-nottingham-http-link-header/

One could just register it by adding the relation in the acl ontology such as

acl:rules a rdf:Property;
   rdf:domain foaf:Document;
   rdf:range foaf:Document;

As you can see in the 5.5 examples, you can have a rel value as a URL. ( So in this it is similar to
atom). The only disadvantage then is that you don't get the nice shorthand, for inclusion in Atom XML,
and other documents.

So I suppose the best would be to add the relation first to the ontology, work out a good wording
for it, test it out, then ask for the IETF shorthand, the put an owl:sameAs link to the ietf one, which
hopefully we can then convince them to serve up as linked data.

I'd be happy to support a document for the link. It seems to me the Atom folks could find that very
useful. Not sure yet how cold they are towards rdf still.

	Henry