Re: DBpedia hosting burden

Ivan Mikhailov wrote:

> If I were The Emperor of LOD I'd ask all grand dukes of datasources to
> put fresh dumps at some torrent with control of UL/DL ratio :)

Last time I checked (which was quite a while ago though), loading
DBpedia in a normal triple store such as Jena TDB didn't work very well
due to many issues with the DBpedia RDF (e.g., problems with the URIs of
external links scraped from Wikipedia).

I don't know whether this is a bug in TDB or DBpedia but I guess this is
one of the problems causing people to use DBpedia online only - even if,
due to performance reasons, running it locally would be far better.

Regards
Malte