Re: ANN: BestBuy.com starts publishing full catalog as RDF/XML using GoodRelations - 27 million triples

Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
> [SNIP]
>
> Now, as for human-readable content: Each RDF/XML representation links
> to the proper human-readable representation via rdfs:seeAlso, e.g. to
>
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8182593&type=product&id=1164154035835&cmp=RMX&ky=1whYTIhnZ0ydleik4tkW4Z7Fn1kPFrBgb
>

> I fail to see how and rdfs:seeAlso is worse than a 303 redirect -
> which is hard to implement and maintain on a large-scale corporate Web
> site (see recent .htaccess discussions on this list).
>
> Currently, the human-readable pages, e.g.
>
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8182593&type=product&id=1164154035835&cmp=RMX&ky=1whYTIhnZ0ydleik4tkW4Z7Fn1kPFrBgb
>

> don't have a META element in their header that would link to the
> RDF/XML representation. That would be an improvement. It should
> actually be sufficient to insert
>
> <link rel="meta" title="RDF based Metadata in RDF/XML format"
> type="application/rdf+xml"
> href="http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/<this-page-URL>"
The pattern above has evolved, so its more accurate to say the following
re. metadata bearing information resource URLs:

<link rel="meta" title="RDF based Metadata in RDF/XML format"
type="application/rdf+xml"
href="http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/<scheme>/<authority>/<resource-path-and-or-query-param>"

Examples (based on the Slash based proxy based Generic HTTP URI scheme
of URIBurner service):

HTML+RDFa based Metadata bearing Information Resource URL:

curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+json"
"http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/http/www.bestbuycom/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9491935&type=product&id=1218115079278"
HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
Server: Virtuoso/05.11.3040 (Solaris) x86_64-sun-solaris2.10-64  VDB
Connection: close
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 21:41:52 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Location:
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9491935&type=product&id=1218115079278

N3 based Metadata bearing Information Resource URL:

curl -I -H "Accept: text/n3"
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 21:38:44 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
TCN: choice
Vary: negotiate,accept

RDF/XML based Metadata bearing Information Resource URL:

curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 21:33:23 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
TCN: choice
Vary: negotiate,accept

Note:  rdf+json and turtle content-type handling is being fixed
(currently not honoring content negotiation properly). We'll be updating
the notes at <http://uriburner.com> accordingly.

> Also, it should be easy for an intelligent agent or tools like
> URIburner to search for graphs that are related to a given
> human-readable resource.
Yes, URIBurner performs LOD cloud lookups amongst other things .

> Simply query e.g. the LOD/LOC dataspace at
>
> http://loc.openlinksw.com/sparql
>
> for all graphs that contain at least one triple of the form
>
> * rdfs:seeAlso <URI-of-current-page>
Basically, URIBurner is just an instance of the Virtuoso Sponger, so the
patterns that apply to the URIBurner instance also apply to the LOD
Cloud Cache at: http://lod.openlinksw.com (now that sponging is
enabled), or any Virtuoso instance (public or private).

Kingsley

> Best
> Martin
>> Cheers,