Re: LOD Instance Update re. new Data Sets Loaded.

Yrjänä Rankka wrote:
> Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
>> Hi Kingsley,
>>
>> DESCRIBE <http://dbpedia.org/resource/London> takes 3 minutes to
>> execute on lod.openlinksw.com ...
>>

> It took only a few seconds when I tried it. Takes time to warm up a
> pan of this size, as is the case with any DBMS. As the working set
> stabilizes in memory, results will come faster.
Yrjana,

Georgi just happened to attempt a DESCRIBE while maintenance was in
progress.

I tested the same DESCRIBE against a number of large resources once the
job was done and it took nothing like 3 mins (as expected anyhow).

This is really much ado about nothing,  especially if you put the entire
set of current activities into appropriate context. The LOD instance
remains a "LOD Cloud Load In Progress", as you know.

We are even going to be reloading Uniprot one more time sometime today
(i.e. in the next hour or so). The Uniprot load suffered some of the
ailments that afflicted the initial NeuroCommons load (which was
reloaded last Friday).

Others:

When the LOD instance is ready, and signed off by me, there will be a
simple optimization guide that reads something like this:

The more memory contributing resources you add to your cluster the
faster the response time.  What simply need make a few things crystal
clear via illustration heavy documentation re.  the makeup and
administrative tasks associated with a Virtuoso Cluster installation.

We plan to make what we are doing reusable as a packaged solution for
next generation Linked Data application developers and service
providers. And in dog-fooding style we will offer one example of such a
solution.

Kingsley

> Yrjänä
>> Georgi