Re: Using Entity Type and Properties to disambiguate search

[Apologies for multiple posts, I didn't realize a new thread had been
started for this topic]

Chris, All

Try this:

- Go to razorbase.com
- Enter 'kiwi'
- Click the magnifying glass icon on the button bar to view categories
There, you should see all categories for things named Kiwi.
- Click the blue right arrow icon next to umble-sc:Birds, now you have Birds
named Kiwi
- Now click the ID cards icon on the button bar, now you have all sameAs
resouces for those birds

Here are other walkthroughs/examples<http://www.slideshare.net/tag/razorbase>
.

These examples demonstrate that with linked data, guessed-ranking is
obsolete to an extent, or is at least replaced by user/context specific
filtering and sorting of results. The query can be ambiguous and the results
heterogeneous and it's ok, because user is able to define a path to the
desired sub-result set by applying filters for categories and property
values of sets. In this way, transverse the linked data space is like
finding a file on your computer, only, whereas file browsers only have a
one-dimensional filter (i.e. two directions: parent and child directory),
the linked data space has n-dimensional filters (with each dimension having
two directions: to-subject and to-object).

In the mist of this great topic, I would like to again encourage you to have
a good look at the Facets API work, as I truly believe this has the
potential to become the standard approach for interacting with linked data
bases.

Enjoy,
-sherman

--

Thanks,
-sherman

I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul
prospers
(3 John 1:2)