Re: looking for an event ontology/vocabulary

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:09:49 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: David Canos <davidcanos@gmail.com>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
>> The disjoint statement between agent and factor defines factors as
>> something that doesn't have an active role in the event.
>
> But are necessary for the event to take place? Or play a significant role in
> the event, so that if they were not present, the event would have been
> different? Or something?

Sorry, missed that comment for some reason. In this ontology, events
are "just" arbitrary classifications of space--time regions. Hence you
can perfectly classify any such region ("I thought about RDF over the
last ten years", "I was walking to the office from 8 to 9 this
morning"). And yes, it is purposely loose.