Re: "Two-way Search" demo anyone?

Danny Ayers wrote:
> 2009/7/28 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
>

>> Please have a look at:
>> 1. http://lod.openlinksw.com - LOD Cloud Cache (5 Billion+ triples from the
>> LOD Cloud Data Set collection plus others)
>> 2.
>> http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtuosoFacetsWebService
>> -- Service API
>> I've also posted comments to his blog post at:
>> http://www.scripting.com/stories/2009/07/26/twowaySearch.html?dsq=13437902#comment-13437902
>>

> Right, I agree this is the key bit of 'Part 2 of the solution'
> (looser, Google-like results may also be desirable, but that would be
> icing).
>
> Part 1 is a little more than front end though, IMHO. You'd also need to :
>
> * snag the searcher's profile
> * generate filter clauses based on that
>
> (in practice the filtering would probably be better the other way
> around, i.e. reduce search space using profile facts for triple
> matching, then use something like FILTER regex(?object, ?searchterms,
> "i") )
>
> Having said that a bit of experimentation is no doubt needed to get a
> good interaction between the sloppy text bits and the explicit profile
> stuff - e.g. if I searched for "airports" (and my profile contained my
> geo location), behind the scenes you'd probably want "airports" to map
> to ?s a x:Airport  - something your Entity Search tool presumably can
> do (alas it keeps timing out for me right now).
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.

Danny,

Response to Dave did express #1 is UI atop API. But then I remembered a
wonderful little thing called FOAF+SSL that binds a Person Entity URI to
an X.509 Cert. that is then exported to a Browser and usable across the
Web as a WebID. This very WebID is the conduit to the profile of the
person who is issuing the query. So yet again, we have a real world
problem and the dexterity of HTTP  URIs to the rescue :-)

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO