Re: "Two-way Search" demo anyone?

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:46:19 +0200
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
2009/7/28 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:

> Please have a look at:
> 1. http://lod.openlinksw.com - LOD Cloud Cache (5 Billion+ triples from the
> LOD Cloud Data Set collection plus others)
> 2.
> http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtuosoFacetsWebService
> -- Service API
> I've also posted comments to his blog post at:
> http://www.scripting.com/stories/2009/07/26/twowaySearch.html?dsq=13437902#comment-13437902

Right, I agree this is the key bit of 'Part 2 of the solution'
(looser, Google-like results may also be desirable, but that would be
icing).

Part 1 is a little more than front end though, IMHO. You'd also need to :

* snag the searcher's profile
* generate filter clauses based on that

(in practice the filtering would probably be better the other way
around, i.e. reduce search space using profile facts for triple
matching, then use something like FILTER regex(?object, ?searchterms,
"i") )

Having said that a bit of experimentation is no doubt needed to get a
good interaction between the sloppy text bits and the explicit profile
stuff - e.g. if I searched for "airports" (and my profile contained my
geo location), behind the scenes you'd probably want "airports" to map
to ?s a x:Airport  - something your Entity Search tool presumably can
do (alas it keeps timing out for me right now).

Cheers,
Danny.

--
http://danny.ayers.name