Re: "Two-way Search" demo anyone?

Side note: I just put a recipe on-line that shows how the very same
GoodRelations elements used for describing offers can be used for
describing demand with the gr:seeks property.

http://tr.im/grseeks

BTW, you can combine that with most other recipes from

http://tr.im/cookbook

For instance, you could attach an image of a car wreck using
foaf:depiction and ask for offers to repair (or to dispose ;-) ) that car.

Danny Ayers wrote:
> 2009/7/28 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
>

>> Please have a look at:
>> 1. http://lod.openlinksw.com - LOD Cloud Cache (5 Billion+ triples from the
>> LOD Cloud Data Set collection plus others)
>> 2.
>> http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtuosoFacetsWebService
>> -- Service API
>> I've also posted comments to his blog post at:
>> http://www.scripting.com/stories/2009/07/26/twowaySearch.html?dsq=13437902#comment-13437902
>>

> Right, I agree this is the key bit of 'Part 2 of the solution'
> (looser, Google-like results may also be desirable, but that would be
> icing).
>
> Part 1 is a little more than front end though, IMHO. You'd also need to :
>
> * snag the searcher's profile
> * generate filter clauses based on that
>
> (in practice the filtering would probably be better the other way
> around, i.e. reduce search space using profile facts for triple
> matching, then use something like FILTER regex(?object, ?searchterms,
> "i") )
>
> Having said that a bit of experimentation is no doubt needed to get a
> good interaction between the sloppy text bits and the explicit profile
> stuff - e.g. if I searched for "airports" (and my profile contained my
> geo location), behind the scenes you'd probably want "airports" to map
> to ?s a x:Airport  - something your Entity Search tool presumably can
> do (alas it keeps timing out for me right now).
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Webcast:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Recipe for Yahoo SearcMonkey:
http://tr.im/rAbN

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations

Tutorial materials:
CEC'09 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://tr.im/grcec09