Re: Merging Databases

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:31:34 +0100
To: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
CC: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, Amrapali Zaveri <amrapali.zaveri@gmail.com>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, Anja Jentzsch <anja@anjeve.de>, Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@gmail.com>, Larry Lefkowitz <larry@cyc.com>, David Baxter <retxabd@gmail.com>
Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Excellent Alan, thank you for pointing this out, both as a general point and the specific case.
> I had puzzled over the equivalences, since they seemed implausible (just given the number), but not worked out why (I guess the lack of the backlink did not help).
> However they, along with good stuff, came from a source I chose to trust, and so I went with it.
> The caveat is useful in general - I know of other sameas that I might consider erroneous/dubious but are widely accepted.
> Another example would be the sameas between the opencyc URIs and the dbpedia ones, although things of different type, which was a topic of discussion on this list a while ago.

Hugh,

Yes, the links between OpenCyc and DBpedia are an issue.

Larry/David: did you receive the mail (private) that I sent a while back
about this?

[SNIP]

President & CEO