Fwd: Commercial Linked Data Initiatives list?

Oops. We had gone off the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aldo Bucchi <aldo.bucchi@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: Commercial Linked Data Initiatives list?
To: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>

Adrian,

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Adrian Walker<adriandwalker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Aldo --
>
> It's one thing to have linked data.
>
> It's quite another thing to enable non-programmers to ask questions that
> no-one has thought to pre-program for them.
>
> Fortunately, projects such as the Tabulator and the system online at the
> site below [1] are starting to point the way towards higher level platforms
> on which non-programmers can put linked data to their own uses.
>
> Perhaps a useful extension to TIMBL's recent paper [2] might be a list of
> such platforms, and other design approaches?  (Tim does mention the
> Tabulator in passing).

Yes you're right, eventually we will be able to provide casual users
with such tools.
Note that faceted browsing is already perhaps usable for the task I describe.

However, my post was mainly aimed to the data side. A programmer ( one
of us ) could craft a specific visualization for this if the data was
available.

I think it would be great to have such visualization, or provide the
fodder for others to craft it. This could depict the current state of
the Linked Data battlle in commercial land ;)

Putting the wins up for others to see is always positive. Putting them
out in Linked Data for real time consumption is interesting in many
ways.

Thanks,