Re: MusicBrainzRe: : Where is the linkage?

Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 17/2/09 23:41, Yves Raimond wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Dan Brickley<danbri@danbri.org>  wrote:
>>> +cc: Robert, Yves

>>> Well, you never know. Why not ask again? :)
>>>
>>> Robert - do you have any plans for "perma-link"-style per artist,
>>> per album
>>> etc. pages at MusicBrainz, which might become canonical reference
>>> URLs for
>>> the things they describe? (ie. with nice stable URLs). If so, could
>>> you be
>>> persuaded to include RDFa markup inline in the HTML pages, so the
>>> content
>>> could be machine-readable too? (or even rdf/xml at a nearby shadow
>>> URL). If
>>> not, fair enough, there are various candidate services who will
>>> probably do
>>> something like this. But my preference would be for the identifiers
>>> and data
>>> to come direct from MusicBrainz if possible. Any thoughts? Yves too,
>>> any
>>> thoughts on best way forward?
>>
>> Actually, I have some stale code for mb_server from about 6 month ago
>> to provide RDF representations of Musicbrainz artist URIs (well,
>> that's a start...). I really need to start working on that again, but
>> I definitely hope we can have Linked Data directly at Musicbrainz, at
>> some point! Things are beginning to look a bit better on my backlog,
>> so hopefully I can revive that work soonish.
>>
>> RDFa would be  good option!! (/me ashamed to not have thought about
>> it :-( )
>
> Ah, this would be great! Hope you get time to hack on this soon. If
> you need reviewers, help etc., don't hesitate to ask around...
>
> cheers,
>
> Dan
>
> --
> http://danbri.org/

Note, the HTML pages describing resources from the LOD instance will
include RDFa :-)

This is already the case for any of the resource descriptions that you
see via the sponging activities in play at:
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/<info-resource-url> .

Example:

1.
http://kingsley.idehen.name/page/artist/3c79e3ff-f41b-45d8-af26-40151798056b