Re: MusicBrainzRe: : Where is the linkage?

Yves Raimond wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> Simon Reinhardt wrote:

>>> I'm sorry, I take everything back! :-)
>>>
>> LOL!!
>>
>>> Looking at
>>> http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtEC2AMIMusicBrainzInstall
>>> right now, so you do have your own dereferenceable URIs. I guess I got

>>> I took that to mean you're using MB URIs. But I guess what you meant was
>>> that you use the MB UUIDs to construct your URIs.
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> One thing we will add is an owl:sameAs link to the actual MB UUIDs so that
>> we mesh naturally should Linked Data every come out of their domain.
>>
>>> And I see that it's directly based on the dbtune data. Nice!
>>>

> Indeed - that's really nice :-) Kingsey, btw, is there a SPARQL end
> point for Musicbrainz available as part of that work?
Yves,

When you make a Virtuoso AMI you get everything Virtuoso has to offer:

1. Linked Data
2. SPARQL Endpoint
3. SPARUL
4. SPARQL+OAuth  & SQLAuth & FOAF+SSL (for securing your endpoint in
different ways)
5. etc..
>  The DBTune one
> seems to have quite a few users, but I think I ll redirect them to
> yours if there is one, as our end point is fairly slow.

You can do this when lod.openlinksw.com/sparql comes online in the next
24 hrs. Remember, this is the LOD instance comprised of:

Part 1:

1. DBpedia (with Yago, UMBEL, and OpenCyc inference rules)
2. MusicBrainz
3. NeuroCommons
4. Bio2Rdf
5. Uniprot
6. PingTheSemanticWeb

Part 2:
Rest of the LOD cloud.

btw - isn't DBtune much more than just MusicBrainz?
> Also, do you keep in sync with Musicbrainz data? Or do you work on a DB dump?

Right now just a dump, with periodic SQL replication syncs.

But remember, we also produce RDF Linked data "on the fly" via our
MusicBrainz Cartridges, so if you have ODE [1], and you visit an MBZ
page you will get Linked Data to using the same structure once you get
beyond the Page Description.

Links:

1. http://ode.openlinksw.com

Kingsley
> Cheers,
>

>> Of course :-)
>>
>> We just need to get linkage sorted re. DBpedia (which has some older Zitgist
>> URI based links).
>>
>> Kingsley
>>
>>> Simon
>>>

>> --