Re: DBpedia Lookup RE: Can we lower the LD entry cost please (part 1)?

On 2/7/09 10:18 AM, Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
> oh, it was my laziness that kept me from announcing it publically yet,
> but since Hugh is complaining about the lack of URI search functionality
> in DBpedia, here it is:
>
> http://lookup.dbpedia.org
>
> and web service athttp://lookup.dbpedia.org/api/search.asmx

Here is another "Search & Find" feature for DBpedia and soon the LOD
Cloud. It leverages the "Virtuoso Anytime Query" feature.

http://dbpedia2.openlinksw.com:8895/fct/facet.vsp

It's on DBpedia2 right now because we are hot-staging a Virtuoso 6.0
Cluster Edition variant of DBpedia on this particular server. When we
finally make this official, the Faceted Browsing Service (a typical Web
2.0 style service) [1] and Faceted Browser (the link above) will be
standard.

Note, what applies to DBpedia is going to apply to the entire LOD Cloud
edition of Virtuoso 6.0 which is chugging along nicely, and we hope to
reveal something next week (later part).

Links:

1.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/Main/VirtuosoFacetsWebService -
Programmers Guide for Faceted Browser Service (for Web 2.0 type
developers that want to process XML and/or JSON instead of talking to
SPARQL endpoint directly).

President&  CEO