Re: DBpedia and the BBC (was: RE: studies about LD visibility)

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Georgi Kobilarov
<georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Olaf,
>
> regarding your question about usage of Linked Data in enterprises:
>
>> publishers in the classical sense (e.g. BBC)
>
> we've submitted a paper to the ESWC 2009 semweb in-use track about the
> use of Linked Data & DBpedia within the BBC [1].
>
> Bottom line: The use of web-scale identifiers (in this particular case
> DBpedia & Musicbrainz) does solve problems within the enterprise, and
> provides real benefits for end-users.
>
> Interested to hear other's opinions...

On a similar note you can read:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/EDF/
Internally reusing some data from the LOD cloud (e.g. to build
geolocation mash-up.)
In that case, I strongly believe that the openess and availability of
Linked Data is the key feature

Alex.