Re: [HELP] Can you please update information about your dataset?

Please no! Not another manual entry system.
I had already decided I just haven't got the time to manually maintain this constantly changing set of numbers, so would not be responding to the request to update.
(In fact, the number of different places that a good LD citizen has to put their data into the esw wiki is really rather high.)
Last time Anja was kind enough to put a lot of effort into processing the graphviz for us to generate the numbers, but this is not the way to do it.
In our case, we have 39 different stores, with linkages between them and to others outside.
There are therefore 504 numbers to represent the linkage, although they don't all meet a threshold.
For details of the linkage in rkbexplorer see pictures at http://www.rkbexplorer.com/linkage/ or query http://void.rkbexplorer.com/ .
And these figures are constantly changing, as the system identifies more - there can be more than 1000 a day.

If any more work is to be put into generating this picture, it really should be from voiD descriptions, which we already make available for all our datasets.
And for those who want to do it by hand, a simple system to allow them to specify the linkage using voiD would get the entry into a format for the voiD processor to use (I'm happy to host the data if need be).
Or Aldo's system could generate its RDF using the voiD ontology, thus providing the manual entry system?

I know we have been here before, and almost got to the voiD processor thing:- please can we try again?

Best
Hugh

On 11/08/2009 19:00, "Aldo Bucchi" <aldo.bucchi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Aug 11, 2009, at 13:46, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
wrote:

> Leigh Dodds wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just added several new datasets to the Statistics page that
>> weren't previously listed. Its not really a great user experience
>> editing the wiki markup and manually adding up the figures.
>>
>> So, thinking out loud, I'm wondering whether it might be more
>> appropriate to use a Google spreadsheet and one of their submission
>> forms for the purposes of collectively the data. A little manual
>> editing to remove duplicates might make managing this data a little
>> more easier. Especially as there are also pages that separately list
>> the available SPARQL endpoints and RDF dumps.
>>
>> I'm sure we could create something much better using Void, etc but
>> for
>> now, maybe using a slightly better tool would give us a little more
>> progress? It'd be a snip to dump out the Google Spreadsheet data
>> programmatically too, which'd be another improvement on the current
>> situation.
>>
>> What does everyone else think?
>>
> Nice Idea! Especially as Google Spreadsheet to RDF is just about
> RDFizers for the Google Spreadsheet API :-)

Hehe. I have this in my todo (literally). A website that exposes a
google spreadsheet as SPARQL endpoint. Internally we use it as UI to
quickly create config files et Al.
But It will remain in my todo forever...;)

Kingsley, this could be sponged. The trick is that the spreadsheet
must have an accompanying page/sheet/book with metadata (the NS or
explicit URIs for cols).