Re: [HELP] Can you please update information about your dataset?

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for championing voiD here:)

I would love to avoid the manual editing too. As Leigh said, editing esw
wiki is not the best experience you could have.

Do you have a voiD description creator/editor you can share with the
community?

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Please no! Not another manual entry system.
> I had already decided I just haven't got the time to manually maintain this constantly changing set of numbers, so would not be responding to the request to update.
> (In fact, the number of different places that a good LD citizen has to put their data into the esw wiki is really rather high.)
> Last time Anja was kind enough to put a lot of effort into processing the graphviz for us to generate the numbers, but this is not the way to do it.
> In our case, we have 39 different stores, with linkages between them and to others outside.
> There are therefore 504 numbers to represent the linkage, although they don't all meet a threshold.
> For details of the linkage in rkbexplorer see pictures at http://www.rkbexplorer.com/linkage/ or query http://void.rkbexplorer.com/ .
> And these figures are constantly changing, as the system identifies more - there can be more than 1000 a day.
>
> If any more work is to be put into generating this picture, it really should be from voiD descriptions, which we already make available for all our datasets.
> And for those who want to do it by hand, a simple system to allow them to specify the linkage using voiD would get the entry into a format for the voiD processor to use (I'm happy to host the data if need be).
> Or Aldo's system could generate its RDF using the voiD ontology, thus providing the manual entry system?
>
> I know we have been here before, and almost got to the voiD processor thing:- please can we try again?

Sure, this will be an interesting experiment.

Regards,

Jun