Re: [HELP] Can you please update information about your dataset?

Hi,

On Aug 11, 2009, at 13:46, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
wrote:

> Leigh Dodds wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just added several new datasets to the Statistics page that
>> weren't previously listed. Its not really a great user experience
>> editing the wiki markup and manually adding up the figures.
>>
>> So, thinking out loud, I'm wondering whether it might be more
>> appropriate to use a Google spreadsheet and one of their submission
>> forms for the purposes of collectively the data. A little manual
>> editing to remove duplicates might make managing this data a little
>> more easier. Especially as there are also pages that separately list
>> the available SPARQL endpoints and RDF dumps.
>>
>> I'm sure we could create something much better using Void, etc but
>> for
>> now, maybe using a slightly better tool would give us a little more
>> progress? It'd be a snip to dump out the Google Spreadsheet data
>> programmatically too, which'd be another improvement on the current
>> situation.
>>
>> What does everyone else think?
>>
> Nice Idea! Especially as Google Spreadsheet to RDF is just about
> RDFizers for the Google Spreadsheet API :-)

Hehe. I have this in my todo (literally). A website that exposes a
google spreadsheet as SPARQL endpoint. Internally we use it as UI to
quickly create config files et Al.
But It will remain in my todo forever...;)

Kingsley, this could be sponged. The trick is that the spreadsheet
must have an accompanying page/sheet/book with metadata (the NS or
explicit URIs for cols).