Re: Size matters -- How big is the danged thing

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Giovanni Tummarello
<giovanni.tummarello@deri.org> wrote:
>> Overall, that's about 17 billion.
>>

> IMO considering myspace 12 billion triples as part of LOD, is quite a
> stretch (same with other wrappers) unless they are provided by the
> entity itself (E.g. i WOULD count in livejournal foaf file on the
> other hand, ok they're not linked but they're not less useful than the
> myspace wrapper are they? (in fact they are linked quite well if you
> use the google social API)

Actually, I don't think I can agree with that. Whether we want it or
not, most of the data we publish (all of it, apart from specific cases
e.g. review) is provided by wrappers of some sort, e.g. Virtuoso, D2R,
P2R, web services wrapper etc. Hence, it makes not sense trying to
distinguish datasets on the basis they're published through a
"wrapper" or not.

Within LOD, we only segregate datasets for inclusion in the diagram on
the basis they are published according to linked data principles. The
stats I sent reflect just that: some stats about the datasets
currently in the diagram.

The origin of the data shouldn't matter. The fact that it is published
according to linked data principles and linked to at least one dataset
in the cloud should matter.