Re: Size matters -- How big is the danged thing

From: Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 02:36:52 +0100
To: "Giovanni Tummarello" <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>, "Jim Hendler" <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc: <public-lod@w3.org>

Giovanni wrote:
> honestly, a count job we launched some time ago gave us a something
> less than a billion on Sindice actually (But we currently dont index
> uniprot which is a  big one).

Besides UniProt, the latest version of Bio2RDF (http://bio2rdf.org/) claims
over 2,3 billion triples, and I think most of them should be exposed as
linked data. Bio2RDF gets indexed by Sindice, so maybe the triple count in
Sindice will rise because of that soon?

Cheers,
Matthias Samwald

DERI Galway, Ireland
http://deri.ie/

Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution & Cognition Research, Austria
http://kli.ac.at/