Re: Southampton Pub data as linked open data

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:41:53 +0200
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: John Goodwin <John.Goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk>, public-lod@w3.org

Hi John, Richard

>> Am I allowed to declare something as subproperty of rdfs:label?
>
> As far as I know, yes.
Yes in RDFS and in OWL-Full, but No in OW-DL

>> I'm  guessing this is one of those things that is allow in RDF, but
>> not in OWL DL?
You're right, John
> I would be surprised if that is the case. What makes you think so? Can
> anyone else comment on this?
Prepare yourself to be surprised, Richard, by (re)-reading
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#Header

    * Annotation properties must not be used in property axioms. Thus,
      in OWL DL one cannot define subproperties or domain/range
      constraints for annotation properties.

> (FWIW, foaf:name is a subproperty of rdfs:label.)
FOAF is RDFS, not OWL-DL

Bernard

--

*Bernard Vatant