Re: dbpedia.org DNS - another 5+ years maybe?

Sorry, Dan, but hey!

    http://www.crossref.org/CrossTech/2008/07/five_years.html

Something not quite right in paradise methinks.

Tony

On 28/7/08 14:20, "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I just did a 'whois dbpedia.org' and noticed:
>
> Domain ID:D136939068-LROR
> Domain Name:DBPEDIA.ORG
> Created On:10-Jan-2007 15:27:14 UTC
> Last Updated On:04-Jan-2008 05:11:30 UTC
> Expiration Date:10-Jan-2009 15:27:14 UTC
> Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
> Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
> Registrant ID:tu4DT2OoBewlMxXh
> Registrant Name:Richard Cyganiak
> Registrant Organization:Richard Cyganiak
>
> The idea of such a cool RDF namespace having only 6 months left on the
> DNS registration gives me the worries. We had a similar thing with the
> Creative Commons RDF namespace a while back -
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Feb/0041.html
>
> If you could add another 5-10 years to the DNS registration I'd sleep
> easier at night. If the fees are an issue I'm sure there are plenty
> people and orgs who'd help out there.
>
> Let me stress I'm not suggesting that this domain is actually at risk.
> Just that the not-at-risk-ness isn't readily evident from a quick look
> in the DNS. Those in the know are probably confident this is all in
> hand, but as the SW gets bigger I suspect we ought to establish
> practices such as "vocabularies that seek global adoption should always
> have 5+ years on their DNS registries".
>
> cheers,
>
> Dan
>
> --
> http://danbri.org/

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error
please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage
mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents accept
liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not
expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or one of its agents.
Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents
accept any responsibility for viruses that may be contained in this e-mail or
its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and
attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Macmillan
Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail communication. Macmillan
Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 785998
Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke RG21 6XS