Re: RDFa + RDF/XML Considered Harmful? (was RE: Ordnance Survey data as Linked Data)

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Thanks Tom.
> Er, yes.
> I was puzzled by the suggestion that I might duplicate the RDF in the page that did a simple html rendering of the underlying RDF I was trying to publish.
> I would have thought that this is actually a Bad Thing, rather than a Good Thing.
>
> And if we are talking about an RDF browser (as our pages are, albeit with a clean URI that doesn't have the browser URI in it), getting it to include the RDF as RDFa or whatever is even stranger; after all
> http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/?uri%5B%5D=http%3A%2F%2Fos.rkbexplorer.com%2Fdescription%2Fosr7000000000017765
> doesn't include the substantive RDF as RDFa, (or have a link rel to http://os.rkbexplorer.com/data/osr7000000000017765 for that matter) which would be the equivalent.

Hugh,

I knew this was coming.

Please practice what I say and not the current state of our user agents :-)

I prefer to make suggestions that go beyond what we've implemented. Yes,
of course, I advocate "dog-fooding" but I also have to deal with the
realities of development and product release cycles etc..

Our agents will be fixed in line with my suggestions, for sure.

My key point is this: we are a  community of knowledgeable folks who
need to take on the the burden of unobtrusive injection of  RDF into the
Web. We cannot expect this to happen outside the community at this
stage. Using HTML as the vehicle for RDF exposure is a big deal and
offers immense value. RDFa is a major contribution to the whole RDF
exposure puzzle, and this is one area where it's value is crystal clear
(imho).

Kingsley
> On 14/07/2008 09:55, "Tom Heath" <Tom.Heath@talis.com> wrote:

President & CEO