Re: Where is the INTERLINKED multimedia data?

When the empire of SGML/DSSSL/HyTime splintered into fiefdoms of
XMLishness, the domain of synchronized multimedia fell to SMIL
(http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/).  Cannot that standard, along with
XLink/XPointer, do what you want?

I do not keep up with the field, but it seems to me the addressing and
linking metamodel of HyTime is unsurpassed by any standard--and is
certainly capable of "fine-grained interlinking" of multimedia
resources.  Unfortunately it was burdened with an abstruse
implementation metamodel (architectural forms) and obsolescent syntax.

--Paul