Re: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk>wrote:

> This is probably my bibliographic ignorance coming out, so apologies if
> that's the case.  I was assuming that "different URLs" = "different
> Expressions". However, from the discussion I'm realising that the issue is
> about how to tease out WEMI from records which lack this world view.
>
> Richard, it's understandable - it's a mess!

But this is sort of where I'm getting at.  Our best laid plans still need to
account for the 214 million records (just using Worldcat as an example,
meaning there are considerably more) that already exist.

I think the day when we hit the 24 hour period that more RDA resources were
created than AACR2 we can begin to start thinking about how RDA/FRBRer/etc.
begins to shape the way we create linked data.  Until then, all we have to
work with is what we've got.

-Ross.