RE: Discussion on openbiblio-dev about relative merits of rdf bibliographic models

Antoine,

For maximum effect, I would argue that the data provider can support
both (and others) at runtime from their existing "records". For example:

<http://example.org/bib/12345> a marc:record . (303 redirect to...)
<http://example.org/bib/12345/> (generic document content-negotiation
to...)
<http://example.org/bib/12345/default.html>
<http://example.org/bib/12345/marc21.xml>

BIBO and FaBIO resource can piggy-back on the generic document with hash
URIs like so:

<http://example.org/bib/12345/#fabio:JournalArticle> a
Fabio:JournalArticle .
<http://example.org/bib/12345/#bibo:Article> a bibo:Article

Because these resources share the same generic document, the two "views"
can be delivered in unison from the same Web document:

<http://example.org/bib/12345/about.rdf>

If it turns out that the BIBO and FaBIO communities like their peas and
carrots separate, they could be delivered that way also:

http://example.org/bib/12345/bibo.rdf
http://example.org/bib/12345/fabio.rdf

Keep in mind that I'm suggesting the data provider do this at runtime
(e.g. using MVC Views) to avoid storing the information redundantly.

Jeff