Re: Linked Data URIs in MARC Authorities

Jeff,

I understand, but would not putting a $0 in the 1XX accomplish just that since the 1XX identifies what the record is "about"? I'm just saying that by using $0 you could link to other things (or Things) from other parts of the record as well.

However, we do actually use 856 with a $z in our production environment today. It works, but I do not like the amount of implicit information with this (or rather our version of this) solution.

Example:
100 '1' ' ' $aStrindberg, August, $d1849-1912
856 '4' '8' $uhttp://viaf.org/viaf/54154627 $zVIAF

/martin