Re: Linked Data URIs in MARC Authorities

Jeff, Karen.

I prefer a subfield over a field because may I want to link only parts of the record, and not necessarily the 1XX-field, to another resource without having to resort to a $8-link (*shudder*).

Example:
150 ' ' ' ' $aMödrar
750 ' ' '0' $aMothers $0 http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85087526#concept

/martin

On Oct 1, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:

> How about this:
>
> 856 4# $u http://example.org/foo
>
> Here’s the documentation for the field:
>
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/authority/ad856.html
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/856guide.html
>
> Jeff

Martin Malmsten (martin.malmsten@kb.se) - Senior Developer
National Library of Sweden / National cooperation dept. / LIBRIS
http://libris.kb.se