RE: [open-bibliography] MARC Codes for Forms of Musical Composition

Ross,

I agree we need to be careful about the level at which sameness is being
discussed here. Let's compare proposals:

Ross:

<http://example.org/book/1> a bibo:Book, frbr:Manifestation

Jeff:

<http://example.org/bibo:Book/1> a bibo:Book .

<http://example.org/frbr:Manifestation/1> a frbr:Manifestation .

<http://example.org/bibo:Book/1> owl:sameAs
<http://example.org/frbr:Manifestation/1> .

If the bibo and frbr ontologies both assert

bibo:Book owl:equivalentClass frbr:Manifestation .

(or vice versa)

then I'm perfectly comfortable believing there is one and only one
individual involved. If the owl:equivalentClass assertion only comes
from one side, then I'm somewhat less comfortable. If neither do, I get
really skeptical.

Jeff