Re: FW: create.js

On April 26, 2015 12:23:58 pm PDT, "Markus Lanthaler"
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:

> Maybe someone on this list has a few spare cycles...

What is the plan? What needs to be done? Why?

Scanning the various CMS pieces, it looks like there is lots of people trying
but no real recent momentum. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have played with editable content areas in the past (10+ years ago)
and the approach
has merit. Never looked at combining it with semantic web tech as
understanding of it was still early.

I have a background in PHP and now code mostly JS. I am looking at
combining the two again this and next year as I will be releasing open
source tooling for PHP built using JS.

I may be interested in some of this work. If so I would take over
create.js as part of one of my other projects and evolve it to be more
generic and more compatible with other projects. But this would make
sense for me only if I can create momentum in the community again
(ultimately bringing exposure to my other open source tooling which is
all about the open web) which assumes that what is missing is primarily
a fresh direction by lifting it out of the Midgard ecosystem and
refining the idea.

I am new to JSON-LD, RDFa, graph databases and other linked data
concepts and would take this as an opportunity to learn from others
deeply entrenched and in return bring my development workflow and
program composition experience to new semantic web tooling.

For the benefit of this list, and my understanding, please provide as
much context as you can and where you see things going. What role will
JSON-LD play? What needs to be done ideally and minimally? What are the
timelines? What are other people working on?

I met Henri once at a Wakanda conference in Boston
(http://2011.wakanday.org/). Maybe he remembers me. Have been wanting
to get closer to his work for some time.

Christoph