Re: In the spec, swap RFC4627 for RFC7159

On 06 Mar 2014, at 13:48 , Sandro Hawke <sandro@hawke.org> wrote:

> On 03/06/2014 07:37 AM, Thomas Steiner wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Finally with the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) ending their
>> work on RFC7159 (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7159.txt), I suggest
>> the JSON-LD spec refers to RFC7159 rather than the older RFC4627.
>> Thoughts? FWIW, I've sent pull request
>> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/pull/332 proactively.
>>
>> Best,
>> Tom
>>

> It's too late to change the spec now.    The change can be incorporated in a Second Edition when/if one is published (it requires an AC review; not a trivial matter).   And it can be listed in the errata, I suppose, even though it's not technically an error.

Indeed, though I think listing it in the errata might be a good idea. The RDF group may also choose to issue an edited recommendation if there are enough such small issues piling up before it is formally closed this summer...

(E.g., the references to RDF may also be updated as an edited rec)

Ivan

>        -- Sandro

----
Ivan Herman, W3C