RE: "object" with complex type

Hi Jean-Claude,

On Monday, July 14, 2014 6:36 PM, Jean-Claude Moissinac wrote:
> I've a basic understanding of how to build a context in json-ld, but I
> doesn't find how to compact a structure, which I get commonly by
> populating an ontology  I've objects with structure like
>
>     {
>       "@id": "math:Competency134_0",
>       "@type": [
>         "math:hasCompetencyTarget",
>         "owl:NamedIndividual"
>       ],
>       "math:hasBloomDescription": "math:Bloom_Taxonomy1",
>       "math:hasTopic": "math:Topic152"
>     },
>     {
>       "@id": "math:Competency22_0",
>       "@type": [
>         "math:hasCompetencyTarget",
>         "owl:NamedIndividual"
>       ],
>       "math:hasBloomDescription": "math:Bloom_Taxonomy11",
>       "math:hasTopic": "math:Topic15"
>     },...
>
> where math is just the prefix for my ontology
>
> and expect to get something like
>
> "competencies": [

I assume the "competencies" is also in your input document but you forgot to include it in your snippet above. I also assume that you meant the value of "competencies" here to be an object and not array as otherwise it would be invalid JSON(-LD).

> "math:Competency134_0":
>     {
>       "math:hasBloomDescription": "math:Bloom_Taxonomy1",
>       "math:hasTopic": "math:Topic152"
>     },
> "math:Competency22_0":
>     {
>       "math:hasBloomDescription": "math:Bloom_Taxonomy11",
>       "math:hasTopic": "math:Topic15"
>     },...
> ],

You can't get to this structure by *just* compaction. Compaction doesn't remove any data, so @type and @id will still be in those objects after compacting. What you seem to be looking for here is to be able to access these objects directly. This is supported by a feature called data indexing [1] but it requires those indexes to already be in the input document. Should be quite trivial though to write a little script to inject them.

HTH,
Markus

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/#data-indexing