RE: Multiple Contexts with expand/compact?

On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:51 AM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response Gregg!
>
> > > When the document is expanded, the @context in the embedded service
> > > block is processed, and the correct RDF representation is generated.
> > > However, the @context for the block is lost, so when it's later
> > > compacted, the remote fields don't get returned to the nice JSON keys
> > > they started out with.
> > >
> > > Is there a solution for this, other than having a single context with
> > > all of the mappings in it?  This doesn't help for external contexts
> > > however, as we expect to make use of the GeoJSON-LD context and
> > > structure.  For more about our approach in this regard, see:
> > > http://iiif.io/api/annex/services/

Why doesn't it help? You can reference remote contexts in remote contexts.
So you could, e.g., create a context like this

  {
    "@context": [
      "http://geojson.org/contexts/geojson-base.jsonld",
      "http://iiif.io/api/presentation/2/context.json",
      "http://iiif.io/api/image/2/context.json"
    ]
  }

at "http://iiif.io/api/2/context.json given that none of the terms defined
in those contexts collide. I actually would find that much better. I'm not a
big fan of changing/adding contexts in the middle of a document as it makes
it very difficult for people to keep track what's the active context in each
subtree.