RE: EXTERNAL: Re: wher is the Schema.org context?

From: Kesterson, Robert D <robert.d.kesterson@lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 20:06:07 +0000
To: "'John Walker'" <john.walker@semaku.com>, "'public-linked-json@w3.org'" <public-linked-json@w3.org>

John

3)      Drives me nuts not understanding how “playground” knows what a “http://schema.org/Person”  is.

It doesn't, it only knows how to use the JSON-LD context to map the value for "@type" key to a URI. If you then 'follow your nose' and dereference http://schema.org/Person then you get a representation of that thing that tells you that schema:Person has type rdfs:Class [1]. If that thing does not exists e.g. http://schema.org/Foo then you get a 404 response.

When I “follow my nose” to http://schema.org/Person I get a webpage, not at json-ld document (even when using ACCEPT header). Hence should http://schema.org/Person have jsonld context or is my code expected to handle the RDFa that appears to be returned?

Robert