Re: wher is the Schema.org context?

Hi Robert,

I see from subsequent mail that you figured out the conneg that lets you get the
JSON-LD context for Schema.org.
Important to note this is *just* the context document, not a representation of
the entire vocabulary.

> On December 2, 2014 at 8:20 PM "Kesterson, Robert D"
> <robert.d.kesterson@lmco.com> wrote:
>

>  Hi,
>

>  I am having trouble understanding how the json-ld playground uses a context
> of http://schema.org/ . I thought that at endpoint would be a json-ld
> document, but no dice. I need the context doc for schema.org for 3 reasons:
>

>  1)      Need to include it in an application without network access.
>
>  2)      Would like to use it understand how to use json-ld to define a
> vocabulary.

Here's a link to an example I made for another vocabulary:

https://gist.github.com/jaw111/9729470

>  3)      Drives me nuts not understanding how “playground” knows what a
> “http://schema.org/Person”  is.

It doesn't, it only knows how to use the JSON-LD context to map the value for
"@type" key to a URI. If you then 'follow your nose' and dereference
http://schema.org/Person then you get a representation of that thing that tells
you that schema:Person has type rdfs:Class [1]. If that thing does not exists
e.g. http://schema.org/Foo then you get a 404 response.

>  Thank you all,
>

>  Robert

John

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/extract?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fschema.org%2FPerson&format=turtle&rdfagraph=output&vocab_expansion=false&rdfa_lite=false&embedded_rdf=true&space_preserve=true&vocab_cache=true&vocab_cache_report=false&vocab_cache_refresh=false