RE: GSoC Final Project Deadlines

On Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:13 PM, vikash agrawal wrote:
> Thanks for that, I have rectified it. It was a typo, it should have been
> user["summary"] = result.values[0].summary;
>
> and similarly for specialities.
>
> Also, please share all the bugs that you encounter and can you please share
> your linkedIn JSON too, so that I can use that as well.

The tool works now and I also sent you my LinkedIn data. Here are a couple of things I would like to see changed/fixed:

- The Save button is pretty important for this app, so don't hide it under "Advanced".

- The Save button uses the wrong media type Application/octed-stream instead of application/ld+json,

- it doesn't set a default file name,

- and doesn't work in IE10 (have a look if it can be fixed. If not, say so in the tool).

- The produced JSON-LD data should use an external context (http://json-ld.org/contexts/linkedin.jsonld)

- Skills are not of type schema:CreativeWork

- The whole thing is a blank node but you've got the publicProfileUrl, use it (don't use schema.org/url for that)

- You seem to discard a whole lot of information (start/end dates, degrees, languages, ...)

- This is a personal preference: Please don't ask for and don't include the email address. Most people are very cautious of handing out their email address (at least in Europe).