Re: API edits to avoid implying that JSON-LD is not RDF

On 28 July 2013 21:20, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:

> As promised, attached are suggested edits to the "JSON-LD 1.0 Processing
> Algorithms and API" document at
> http://json-ld.org/spec/**latest/json-ld-api/index.html<http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld-api/index.html>
> The purpose of these edits is to avoid implying that JSON-LD is not RDF.
>  The main strategy was to change phrases like "transforms JSON-LD to RDF"
> and "converts RDF to JSON-LD" to phrases like "deserializes JSON-LD to RDF"
> and "serializes RDF to JSON-LD".
>
> Note that some of the section titles changed as a result, and two HTML
> anchors were also changed:
>
>   convert-to-rdf-algorithm --> deserialize-to-rdf-algorithm
>
>   convert-from-rdf-algorithm --> serialize-from-rdf-algorithm
>
> Therefore other documents that reference this document may need to be
> updated correspondingly.
>
> Three files are attached:
>
>  - json-ld-api-index.html.old: This is a snapshot of the original file,
> before I made any changes.  I made this snapshot in case someone else was
> also editing the file at the same time, so it provides a clean basis for a
> "diff" comparison.
>
>  - json-ld-api-index2.html: The new version in which I made edits to avoid
> implying that JSON-LD is not RDF.   I also corrected a few unrelated typos
> that I noticed along the way, I removed the obsolete mention of RDF
> disallowing blank node named graphs (since they are now allowed), and I
> added text on suggested work-arounds for users that want to retain the
> information contained in triples that have blank node predicates.
>
>  - json-ld-api-index2-diffs.txt: Diffs between the above two files.
>
> Let me know if you have questions.

There's slightly more than serialization / deserialization going on IMHO.
For example the JSON Number is coerced to XSD integer / double which are
not 100%  the same things, depending on the implementation.

I dont think these changes are terrible, but unless I've missed something,
convert seems to be accurate here, and I'd lean towards keeping things the
same.