Re: API edits to avoid implying that JSON-LD is not RDF

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:03:08 -0400
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
CC: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.com>, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>, David Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
On 07/28/2013 11:01 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
[ . . . ]
> There's slightly more than serialization / deserialization going on
> IMHO.  For example the JSON Number is coerced to XSD integer / double
> which are not 100%  the same things, depending on the implementation.
>
> I dont think these changes are terrible, but unless I've missed
> something, convert seems to be accurate here, and I'd lean towards
> keeping things the same.

Yes, and I actually kept the word "convert" when discussing lower-level
things like data type conversions, for exactly the reason that you cite.
  The use of phrases like "serialize from RDF" and "deserialize to RDF"
is only at the higher level, in discussing the overall process.

David