API edits to avoid implying that JSON-LD is not RDF

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 15:20:39 -0400
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.com>, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>, David Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
As promised, attached are suggested edits to the "JSON-LD 1.0 Processing
Algorithms and API" document at
http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld-api/index.html
The purpose of these edits is to avoid implying that JSON-LD is not RDF.
  The main strategy was to change phrases like "transforms JSON-LD to
RDF" and "converts RDF to JSON-LD" to phrases like "deserializes JSON-LD
to RDF" and "serializes RDF to JSON-LD".

Note that some of the section titles changed as a result, and two HTML
anchors were also changed:

   convert-to-rdf-algorithm --> deserialize-to-rdf-algorithm

   convert-from-rdf-algorithm --> serialize-from-rdf-algorithm

Therefore other documents that reference this document may need to be
updated correspondingly.

Three files are attached:

  - json-ld-api-index.html.old: This is a snapshot of the original file,
before I made any changes.  I made this snapshot in case someone else
was also editing the file at the same time, so it provides a clean basis
for a "diff" comparison.

  - json-ld-api-index2.html: The new version in which I made edits to
avoid implying that JSON-LD is not RDF.   I also corrected a few
unrelated typos that I noticed along the way, I removed the obsolete
mention of RDF disallowing blank node named graphs (since they are now
allowed), and I added text on suggested work-arounds for users that want
to retain the information contained in triples that have blank node
predicates.

  - json-ld-api-index2-diffs.txt: Diffs between the above two files.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks!
David