Re: Use FOAF or schema.org in examples?

On 2/5/13 1:49 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> I noticed that Manu and Dave have been replacing most uses of FOAF in the
> examples with Schema.org. On one hand, I find that good since probably more
> people know about schema.org than about FOAF. On the other hand I find it
> strange to use IRIs which do not resolve to anything useful when being
> dereferenced; in fact, you'll get a 404.
>
> I thus wanted to hear opinions of other people in the group regarding what
> we should use in our examples. Since we are talking about Linked Data and
> have statements in the spec that IRIs SHOULD resolve to something useful I
> think we should live what we preach and use FOAF instead.
>

> Cheers,
> Markus
>

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler

I encourage you to use hash URIs. You can cross reference these URIs in
a manner that unveils the broader utility of Linked Data and shared
vocabularies etc..

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/UydU9t -- simple SPARQL based data integration note (I
even stay away from prefixes when making simple demos) .
2. http://bit.ly/Xk333m -- basic Turtle exercise .
3. http://bit.ly/VaX0zx -- Turtle tutorials collection (all of these use
simple documents and hash URIs) .

--