Re: Agenda: Linked JSON Telecon - Tuesday, May 29th 2012

Unfortunate regrets for tomorrow. I'll be speaking about Clojure at
the Erlang User Conference at the exact time of the telecon, so I
cannot even lurk att IRC I'm afraid.

I'll try to write down my opinions on the various issues on the Agenda
later today.

I have one short remark about the recent RDF-WG discussions: I really
think it seems sensible to detach the JSON-LD to RDF conversion
algorithm from the rest of the API(s). As many have mentioned. the
API:s are work in progress. I think the isomorphism of JSON-LD and RDF
is an important (even foundational) topic which should stand alone.
(And from my point of view, this isomorphism is an explicit goal of
ours, and not an implementation detail. I believe we should emphasize
that unless it's already clear.)

As for the rest of the API:s, I personally believe that a union of the
intersection between the dormant RDFa API work (especially the
"Projection" and related) and at least the "objectify" feature under
discussion [1] will prove immensely valuable! Recently I did a little
sketch of how that could look, which alas I haven't had time to
formalize and initiate a public  discussion about yet. FWIW, you can
take a look at the implementation [2] (where "graphify" really is very
much like Josh Mandel's "objectify"), and the more succinct usage
examples in [3].

Best regards,
Niklas

[1]: https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/119