Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

From: Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:45:19 -0400
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Bradley Allen <bradley.p.allen@gmail.com>, Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:

> There hasn't been much more discussion on this topic, so I propose that we update the requirements as follows:
>
> 	 Linked Data is a set of documents, each containing a representation of a linked data graph.
> 	 A linked data graph is a labeled directed graph, where nodes are subjects or objects, and edges are properties.
> 	 A subject is any node in a linked data graph with at least one outgoing edge.
> 	 A subject MAY be labeled with an IRI.

I think this "MAY" should be "SHOULD"... Doesn't absolutely
disallow literal (nor bnode) subjects, but discourages them.

Otherwise, looks good!

Regards,

Ted

--
A: Yes.                      http://www.guckes.net/faq/attribution.html
| Q: Are you sure?
| | A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
| | | Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Ted Thibodeau, Jr.           //               voice +1-781-273-0900 x32
Evangelism & Support         //        mailto:tthibodeau@openlinksw.com
                             //              http://twitter.com/TallTed
OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
        10 Burlington Mall Road, Suite 265, Burlington MA 01803
                                 http://www.openlinksw.com/weblogs/uda/
OpenLink Blogs              http://www.openlinksw.com/weblogs/virtuoso/
                               http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen/
    Universal Data Access and Virtual Database Technology Providers